The Assignment Suggestion feature gives dispatchers a quick and easy way to gather information and suggestions to help decide which driver is the best for the selected trip.
Navigate to the Dispatch screen from the Operations tab. Then right click on the empty Assignment field for suggestions on that trip.
1. To use the Assignment Suggestions right click on the empty assignment field of the trip you'd like suggestions for.
2. Once you have chosen the driver you'd like to put on the trip, click the Assign button for that route.
3. When the Assignment Suggestion window is first opened, the drivers will initially be sorted by their distance to the pickup address. Over the next few seconds, the rest of the calculations are done on each driver. This is shown by the spinning green circle. You can select an assignment to use at any point, even while the calculations are being performed.
1. If the Assign button has an asterisk next to it that means this driver is the one who took this trip the last time it occurred.
2. The Status column shows if a trip is still in progress, or has been completed. For those using RoutingBox Mobile it will also show statuses such as Arrived at Dropoff and En Route to Pickup, based on driver location.
3. The ETC column shows approximately what time all of their trips prior to the trip in question will be completed.
4. The Travel Time column tells approximately how many minutes it would take this driver to arrive at the pickup of the trip after all of their current trips are completed. If a driver is already at the location where they'd need to pickup the trip in question, it will show "On Site" in the Travel Time field.
5. The ETA column displays approximately what time this driver could get to the pickup address of the trip. If the ETA time is more than 15 minutes after the pickup time it will be displayed in red to show that he would arrive late.
6. The final column will show a yellow caution symbol for any route that has additional stops after the trip in question. This is to alert the user that assigning this trip to the driver could cause conflicts later in his route.
The Position column will have 1 of 2 types of positions in it, denoted by the column to the right of it.
1. No icon in this column means this address is based on a Stop on a trip, either the Pickup or Dropoff address.
2. The phone icon means this address was taken from a recent update from RoutingBox Mobile. The position shown here will never be older than 3 minutes.
Assignment Suggestion Settings
The Dispatch _Mode_Check will influence how the Assignment Suggestion Tool works.
When the setting is set to 1, vehicles that don't match the transportation mode of the trip will be ranked lower on the list of suggestions and give the above warning when assigned (Example: The trip is Ambulette and the Vehicle is Taxi)
When the setting is set to 2, vehicles that don't match the transportation mode of the trip will not be suggested at all, and will not allow you to assign the incorrect vehicle.
To change this setting Navigate to Setting then select the Settings tab.
1. Enter the desired digit into the Value field.
Assign, Assignments, Dispatch, Operations, Assignment Suggestions, DispatchFormHelp