If an import file contains an incorrect address, RoutingBox allows you to create and save an Address Replacement, so you only have to fix the address once. This is a great way to save time. Rather than having to correct the address every time you transport this client, RoutingBox will recognize the bad address and update the trip leg with the replacement address.
Navigate to the Scheduling tab, then select the Importer icon.
To Add an Address Replacement:
- The trip shown above has a yellow caution symbol in the Importer because the PU Address is not recognized as a valid address.
- To resolve this alert, click in the PU Address field and type the correct address.
- Two orange arrows will appear. Click this icon to save the changes you’ve made as an Address Replacement. Next time you import this address, it will be corrected automatically.
To Review Address Replacements:
- In the Importer, go to the Settings tab.
- Select Address Corrections.
- Previously created Address Replacements exist within the window that opens. These can be edited by clicking within a field and typing to replace the existing information.
- You can remove an Address Replacement by clicking the red minus icon.
- To save your changes, click OK.
Address, Correction, Import, Importer, Invalid, Replacement, Saved, TripImporterFormHelp