There are a variety of settings that can be selected or deselected in the Dispatch screen to customize the display of information. These will allow you to focus on the trip details that are most important to your business.
Navigate to the Operations tab, then select the Dispatch icon.
1. To review or change your Dispatch settings, go to the Settings tab.
2. Stop View: Enables Stop View in Visual Dispatching. Stop View separates each trip into multiple stops, by each PU and DO that will occur.
3. Hide Dispatched: When checked, trips that are dispatched (or paged) will be hidden from view. This can be useful when the dispatcher only wants to see trips that still need to be dispatched.
4. Dispatched On Top: When checked, trips that are dispatched (or paged) out to the driver are displayed as the top-most trips. This can be useful if the dispatcher wants trips a driver is currently transporting to be grouped next to each other.
5. Sort Assign by Driver: Sort the Assignments drop-down by driver name instead of vehicle #.
6. Only Initial Legs: Show only the first leg of each trip in the main grid. The return leg for the selected trip will be displayed in the lower grid.
7. Manual Size Columns: When checked, columns are not auto-sized to fit their content. The dispatcher can decide how wide each column is.
8. Ready On Top: When checked, trips that are ready are displayed as the top-most trips.
9. Filter Assign by Mode: Filters the Available assignments in the Dispatch Dashboard based on the selected Mode filter.
10. Filter Assign by Zone: Filters the Available assignments in the Dispatch Dashboard based on the selected Zone filter.
11. Hide Non-Current Assign: Hides Assignments where the shift has not yet started or has already ended.
12. Filter Bottom Grid By Status: Applies the Status Filter to the legs in the bottom grid, not just the top grid.
Assignment, Dashboard, Dispatch, Page, Settings, Stop View, DispatchFormHelp