- Trips have to be created in RoutingBox
- Set up Routes (Drivers or vehicles)
- Make sure the vehicle has a capacity for the preferred vehicle on the route
- Make sure you add the Typical Driver to the Route
- Settings will always default to No
- Allow Route Changes should be set to "Yes"
- Allow Time Changes will depend on personal preference.
Please note that if set to no, more trips may be dropped, but PU and DO times of trips will not be adjusted.
- Go to the Dispatch screen and add the Route Column if it is not already in your current view.
- Put all trips you want Route Optimization to consider on a single route by shift-clicking and highlighting all the trips. Once all trips have been highlighted, right click to add them to a route.
- Go to the Operations tab and select "Routes." From the Routes screen, select the Route Builder tab in the top left hand corner.
- Check off each route you want route optimization to consider.
- Once all applicable routes have been selected, click the route optimization icon.
The following pop up will appear. This is the last chance to change information before running the Route Optimization:
- If utilizing driver qualifications, ensure the "Check Driver Qualifications" box is checked.
- If you want all trips of the same mode type to be on the same route(s), check "Requires Same Mode"
- If you want trips to be multi-loaded, check the checkbox.
- Finally, if you need to override the time windows in place on the accounts, check the checkbox and input the times.
- Click Execute
It will look similar to this when it has finished running
- When route optimization is finished running, the trips will not automatically be assigned. This gives you the chance to review the route(s) created and make any necessary changes.
- In order to assign drivers, navigate to the assignments screen and enter or copy the drivers and vehicles scheduled for the day.
- Once all drivers and vehicles are entered, click the taxi icon to Assign Typical Routes by Driver or Vehicle depending on how you created your routes.
- Your trips will now be assigned to the correct driver on the Dispatch screen.