You must import your MAS trips using the MAS Direct Connection or MAS Auto Importer in RoutingBox to attest using the MAS Direct Attestation feature.
Navigate to the Billing tab, then select the Attest icon.
1. Enter the date range you would like to submit for attestation.
2. Select whether you would like to view All, Attested or Unattested trips from the Status drop-down.
3. Start typing the account for the Medicaid County you would like to attest to in the Account box, then choose that Account from the drop-down menu.
4. If you'd prefer to attest per Account Class rather than specific accounts, check the Account Class box and choose the correct class from the drop-down.
5. Click on the Audit icon to open the Tracker Audit screen. You can review the PU and DO Geolocations for the trips in more detail from this screen.
The PU Geolocation and DO Geolocation columns are color coded to show how accurate the GPS data recorded for that stop is.
6. A Yellow icon indicates that the data around the GPS pings is considered fairly accurate.
7. A Red icon indicates that the data around the GPS pings is considered accurate.
8. A Green icon indicates that the data around the GPS pings is very accurate.
9. A Gray icon indicates that no GPS data was captured around that stop. These trips cannot be attested to through RoutingBox.
10. You can double click on the checkbox in the Signed columns to review signatures and their geocoded locations.
11. Right-click on a trip and select an option from the menu to select multiple trips to submit for attestation.
12. Click Submit.
13. Choose MAS Direct Attestation from the drop-down.
Please Note: It takes some time for the attested trips to display on the MAS portal.